Scroll down for all positions
JOB OPENING NOTICE: ASSISTANT ENGINEER
Download Application, Save, Fill out and Please Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The position of Assistant Engineer supports the Chief Engineer within the Engineering Department, which is responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of the station’s transmitters, studio equipment and other associated computer/network equipment and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to Chief Engineer
- Available for broadcast emergencies
- Assists Chief Engineer with FCC compliance at studio and sites.
- Review of station operating logs (EAS, tower lights, etc.)
- Responsible for transmitter site safety/OSHA (signage, control, maintenance)
- Radio Automation systems
- Station vehicle maintenance
- Promotion equipment repair and maintenance
- Website streaming encoders (where applicable)
- IT and PC user assistance when IT needs help or is unavailable in market.
- Transmitter site visits and repair.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in the broadcasting industry within a similar role is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is desired, SBE certification and/or FCC licensing are a plus
- Knowledge in all areas of radio engineering with a particular emphasis on high powered AM and FM transmitters and related antenna systems
- Knowledge of computers and networks and other IT skills as they relate to broadcast systems
- RF experience, knowledge of FCC compliance issues, and other various broadcast systems is required
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment down to the component level.
- This is a service-oriented position requiring excellent written and oral communication skills, personable interaction with fellow employees and vendors, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Occasional night and weekend work may occur. The position allows for the use of company vehicles for travel to sites, cell phone, and expenses as necessary.
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Valid Drivers’ License and excellent driving record required. Must have a reliable means of transportation.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Primarily located in an office environment but will require travel to remote sites over rough terrain.
Some repetitive motion required.
Ability to climb ladders, step ladders and other necessary equipment
Ability to work in small spaces and lift up to 50 pounds.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Lotus Boise Corp. is a subsidiary of Lotus Communications Corp. and is a media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that owns and operates radio properties. Lotus Communications Corp. operates 41 radio stations in the Western United States including stations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Sacramento, Boise, Tucson, Fresno and Bakersfield. Lotus Boise Corp ensures there is no discrimination based on the grounds of race, color, religion, gender, age, handicap, veteran status or national origin in respect to recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation and training. Lotus Boise Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. If you know anyone who may be qualified to fill this position, please let him or her know about this opportunity. To apply, please send your resume and application which can be found on the top of this page to email@example.com.
Lotus Boise Corp. is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies at our stations. We seek the help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our stations. Organizations that wish to receive our vacancy information or potential candidates looking to apply for employment, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.